16th European Conference on Personality
EAPP Scholarship: ECP16The European Association of Personality Psychology (EAPP), in cooperation with the ECP16 Scientific Committee, is offering twenty scholarships to support postgraduate students and young researchers. The financial assistance concerns a reduction of the conference fee and/or costs of accommodation during the conference.
Applications by email should be sent at the conference address before the February 15th, 2012.
Eligibility for Scholarships
Applications are invited from postgraduate students from all countries who wish to attend the ECP16, but have limited access to financial resources. This opportunity is also extended to early career researchers, i.e., up to 3 years after PhD, who have no permanent position.
Applicants are expected to submit an abstract of a presentation (poster or oral presentation) at the conference. It is expected that the applicant will be the first author of the submission and the presenting author as well.
The scholarships will be granted in two categories:
- 10 scholarships for postgraduate students and early career researchers from low income countries
(see ECP16 registration fees for details) who are in need for financial support in order to attend the
conference; this criterion will be combined with quality of the submitted proposal to assign
- 10 scholarships for postgraduate students and early career researchers based on excellence:
significant results in research (CV) and quality of the submitted proposal will be evaluated.
- Applicants who have never been assigned an EAPP scholarship in the past will be favored.
The scholarship will cover :
- Conference registration fee (140 EUR, early registration fee)
- Proportion of travel/accommodation costs AND/OR ticket for conference dinner (max. 260 EUR)
The selection committee will be chaired by Professor Marco Perugini (University Milan-Bicocca, Milan, Italy) and Professor Lisa Di Blas (University of Trieste, Italy).
Applications must be emailed to email@example.com (.doc or .pdf files) and include the following:
- Name, address, telephone number, email address of the person applying and the name of the
- A brief explanation about why the applicant would like to attend the conference, including
expected benefits from conference attendance for future career goals (max. 200 words)
- Curriculum vitae
- For PhD students: Certificate of postgraduate student status (a photocopy of a valid student
identification card or other form of valid student identification must be attached to the
- For early researchers: Declaration of career status specifically relative to eligibility conditions,
including date of acquisition of PhD title.
- Copy of the abstract submitted according to the ECP16 guidelines (deadline for poster and
paper abstract submission is February 15, 2012)
Scholarship applications must be submitted till February 15, 2012. Applications received after this date will not be considered. Scholarship awardees will be announced on the ECP16 conference website not later than April 10, 2012 and personally contacted by e-mail by the conference organizers.